Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sketchbook Sep-Dec 2007

My last "home town" sketchbook was completed in the fall of 2007. I made my first attempt to document in drawings a vacation trip. Using a fine tipped black pen for the sketching, I painted in a more vivid style than in my previous sketchbooks. The sketchbooks I use are 5 1/2"x 8" in dimension, have 12 pages of 120 lb watercolour paper and a coil binding. I paint on both sides of the page.
Sep 11, 2007 Geoff, Tuppy and I drove to Tofino with stops at Little Qualicum Falls and Coombs. We arrived at Kayak Beach in downtown Tofino where Geoff first tried kayaking many years ago.
We have the "Jay" room at Gull Cottage.
The beach was fogged in only lifting momentarily at sunset.
Spent the afternoon reading and sitting on Chesterman Beach waiting for the sun to come out, but it never did.
Sep 14, 2007 Left Tofino mid-morning. Stopped in Coombs to look at the goats who live on the rooftop of the stores and had lunch at Englishman River Falls.
Oct 26, 2007 Hike to McKenzie Bight on a bright fall day. Spied a river otter sunning on a rock.
Studied a dragon fly warming on a rock too cold to fly away.
Nov 1, 2007 Hike to Witty's Lagoon. Got a good view of Mt. Olympus from the summit of the gravel pit in Metchosin.

Dec 10, 2007 A trip to White Rock included a tour of Steveston on a frosty cold morning. We walked out past the fishing boats to the point at the mouth of the Fraser River.


No comments:

Post a Comment