Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Thailand Sketchbook

In February 2007 I had my first opportunity to sketch in a far-off land, Thailand. This was my first visit to the tropics and I was intrigued by the tropical plants and architecture and charmed by the people. Using a variety of coloured pens I sketched from life. Then upon returning home I completed the book with watercolour sketches based on my photographs.

The fruiting body of this palm tree looked just like oranges, but everyone knows oranges don't grow on palm trees.












Wat Poh, home of the golden reclining Buddha in the Imperial City, Bangkok.

The air was full of the sound of ringing bells powered by the breeze high up on the eaves of the temples.





















































































No comments:

Post a Comment